I have been writing about Chili and surrounding areas for the past few years as an unpaid blogger for the Democrat and Chronicle. I received no compensation for doing the best I could at bringing light of Chili, Riga and Wheatland news and stories not covered by the paper. I enjoyed doing this and due to unforeseen circumstances, It was necessary for Gannett to cease publication on the website of several town blogs. We were encouraged to find another platform to keep blogging. With my personal website already up and running, this will be a temporary place to find news and stories along with photographs. I still encourage you to contact me with any ideas you may have.
Because I believe that the news in Chili is important, I will continue to write blog pieces here until I find a better platform. I rec’d this month’s planning board meeting minutes with only a couple items up for review.
The Ferrari Pizza Bar in the back of the plaza formerly known as Chili Paul, now Two Fronts has submitted a proposal to construct a 24′ X 80′ outdoor patio.
Morgan Management, owner of Rochester’s Cornerstone Group has submitted a proposal for a preliminary site plan to erect 17 apartment buildings totaling 143 units at 59 Union Square Blvd..
For discussion is the Holland Trotta Project to construct an urgent care and dental center at 3193 Chili Avenue and a retail store and fast food restaurant at 3187 Chili Avenue.
This meeting will be held April 11th at 7 pm at the Town Hall.
Here is the Chili Library Calendar for 2017 April
The Chili Town Board Meeting minute highlights are as follows.
- A new law entitled “Solar/Wind, Farm Waste Energy Opt Out” has been passed.
- A “Right to Farm Law” has been advanced and a Public Hearing is hereby scheduled for May 17, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall Main Meeting Room, 3333 Chili Avenue, Rochester, NY 14624 to consider the adoption of Local Law.
- Johnny Bauer will be playing at the Chil-E Fest as will bad Grandpa’s, JB and Company, Spectra, Mr. Wonderful, and Ruby Shooz.
- The Chil-E Fest will also get the grand finale of fireworks, and as usual, Young Explosives will be lighting the sky with $12,000 worth of visual glory with booms of thunder.
- The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has once again asked for the Town’s permission to have their May 19, 2017 one hundred mile bike ride come through the Town of Chili on Beahan Road, Paul Road, Scottsville Road, Ballantyne Road, Archer Road, Chili Avenue, Chestnut Ridge Road, Sequoia Drive, Chili Center Coldwater Road, Laredo Drive, Westside Drive, from approximately 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. to spread the awareness about the plight of missing children and share abduction and exploitation prevention educational materials with children along with raising funds for their agency services.
- This next item I copied and pasted from the meeting minutes. I am not familiar with this process, but thought it was worthy of mentioning.
RESOLUTION #146 RE: Building Department OFFERED BY: ___________________ SECONDED BY: ____________________ BE IT FURTHER, that TBD shall be appointed provisionally as Planning Clerk, and shall be paid an annual salary of $30,416.00 (PG 25) effective TBD, expenses to be paid by voucher as incurred, pending background check.
- The next meeting of the Chili Town Board will be Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town of Chili, Town Hall Main Meeting Room.